Assist the Associate Athletic Director, Olympic Strength and Conditioning in developing and implementing individualized conditioning programs for student-athletes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing, supervising and controlling the operation of the weight room.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment, including weight machines and other strength and conditioning equipment, including regular inspection, recommendation on repair/replacement as necessary.
- Assist in dietary needs of student-athletes; work compatibly and cooperatively with other staff and personnel in all other sports.
- Work compatibly and cooperatively with other strength & conditioning staff, team coaches, student-athletes and personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sport management, kinesiology, recreation or related field.
- Minimum one year of strength and conditioning experience at the collegiate and/or professional level, either as a student-athlete or employee.
- N.S.C.A, or C.S.C.C.A certification as well as certification in CPR/AED and First Aid.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates.