This position assists with administration, management and supervision of strength training and conditioning functions for student-athletes participating in the intercollegiate athletic program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of West Virginia University, the Big 12 Conference and the NCAA. The incumbent will assist the strength and conditioning program for football by the Director of Strength and Conditioning. Specific sport assignment is football.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with the design of, implement, and conduct sport-specific strength and conditioning programs that facilitate maximum benefits for student-athletes including individualized, comprehensive and year-round programs.
- Assist and help supervise/ instruct student-athletes and coaches in all aspects of weight training, conditioning and nutrition.
- Assist the Director with position coaches and athletic training staff on the overall conditioning, rehabilitation and welfare of student-athletes.
- Design and maintain student-athlete records and monitor progress of training programs.
- Oversee general activities in weight room and assist other staff members as needed. Supervise weight room facilities to insure a safe and functional environment.
- Travel with the Football team as requested.
- Maintain certifications and continue further education in the field of strength, speed and conditioning.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a related field; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) (Preferred) and/or Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
- First aid, AED and CPR certification.