This position assists with administration, management and supervision of strength training and conditioning functions for student-athletes participating in the intercollegiate athletic program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of West Virginia University, the Big 12 Conference and the NCAA.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate the administration of various strength and conditioning systems (e.g. GPS, sleep monitoring, recovery, hydration) to ensure optimal performance. Assist in the education of coaches and staff to understand the monitoring systems. Research technologies and/or science applications for the field of strength and conditioning.
- Assist the Director with Design, implementation and monitoring of sport-specific strength and conditioning programs that facilitate maximum benefits for student-athletes including individualized, comprehensive and year-round programs.
- Assist with Supervision and instruction of student-athletes and coaches in all aspects of weight training, conditioning and nutrition.
- Collaborate with coaches and athletic training staff on the overall conditioning, rehabilitation and welfare of student-athletes.
- Design and maintain student-athlete records and monitor progress of training programs.
- Oversee general activities in weight room and assist other staff members as needed. Supervise weight room facilities to insure a safe and functional environment.
- Travel with Football as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a related field. Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Master's degree will work as an equivalency for experience.
- Maintain certifications - Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC).
- Maintain first aid, AED and CPR certification.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and conference guidelines, policies, rules and regulations with the ability to interpret, apply, enforce and explain such policies and rules.