The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will assist with administration, management and supervision of strength training and conditioning functions for student-athletes participating in the intercollegiate athletic program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of West Virginia University, the Big 12 Conference and the NCAA.
What You'll Do:
- Design, implement and conduct sport-specific strength and conditioning programs that facilitate maximum benefits for student-athletes including individualized, comprehensive and year-round programs.
- Supervise and instruct student-athletes and coaches in all aspects of weight training, conditioning and nutrition.
- Collaborate with coaches and athletic training staff on the overall conditioning, rehabilitation and welfare of student-athletes.
- Design and maintain student-athlete records and monitor progress of training programs.
- Oversee general activities in weight room and assist other staff members as needed. Supervise weight room facilities to insure a safe and functional environment.
- Maintain inventory of nutritional products for the assigned weight room.
- Travel with teams as requested.
- Maintain certifications and continue further education in the field of strength, speed and conditioning.
- Bachelor's degree is required in a related field.
- Maintain certifications - Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC).
- Maintain first aid, AED and CPR certification.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and conference guidelines, policies, rules and regulations with the ability to interpret, apply, enforce and explain such policies and rules.
- Maintain knowledge of state and University policies and procedures.
- Exhibit strong creative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking skills.