The position of assistant coach will be filled based upon input from the head coach, Athletic Director, and Building Principal and recommendation of the Superintendent to the Board of Education. The assistant coach must meet all provisions of the Lake Board of Education and the OHSAA.
- Responsible to Athletic Director and head coach.
- Attend all meetings scheduled by the head coach.
- Assist in the administration of the athletic program.
- Demonstrate loyalty to the head coach and to the program.
- Maintain good public relations with those groups and individuals involved with the program.
- Support the Lake Athletic Booster Club.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Teach the values of good sportsmanship.
- Be available for Athletic Department meetings as necessary.
- Works through proper channels and protocol in referring parents or the public to appropriate administrative responses.
- Assume responsibilities of head coach in matters of supervision in absence of head coach.