- Enhances the physical and mental development of student-athletes through the establishment of specific training programs and activities to increase the performance of student-athletes in both practice and competition. Assists to ensure proper techniques and designs training strategies for both injury avoidance and improved performance.
- Creates and implements sports specific programs that intensify the physical strength, speed and cardiovascular conditioning of the student-athlete.
- Instructs, educates and supervises all student athletes regarding proper weight training techniques.
- Assists with the general operation and maintenance of the Athletics' weight room, along with enforcing safety procedures.
- Attends athletic events as requested and when feasible.
- Assists with developing and coordinating the schedules of student-athletes while in the weight room.
- Consults with athletic training staff to determine the participation status of injured student-athletes and works with the athletic training staff to enhance the rehabilitation programs for student-athletes.
- Monitors the progress of each student-athlete through verifiable records and maintains written documentations regarding status.
- Master's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Health Sciences or related field.
- Demonstrated experience training elite collegiate level student-athletes.
- Additional relevant certifications (e.g. USAW)
- Experience working with Sports technology (Perch, GPS technology, Vald ForceDecks and NordBord).
- Participation in Collegiate athletics.