The Assistant Director of Olympic Sports Performance- Women’s Basketball reports to the Assistant Athletic Director of Olympic Sports Performance and assists in all aspects of sports performance for Northwestern Olympic Sports programs. This position is responsible for developing programs that enhance the strength, conditioning and movement development of student-athletes and will work collaboratively with the Sports Medicine and Performance Nutrition staff to ensure the health, safety, and performance of student-athletes.
- Develops strength and conditioning programs for male and female student-athletes with review from the Assistant Athletic Director of Olympic Sports Performance and the Director of Sports Medicine.
- Supervises and coordinates strength and conditioning programs for men's and women's sports as required.
- Performs strength testing and evaluation as assigned.
- Oversees strength and conditioning programs which elicit safe and correct execution of exercise technique.
- Effectively communicates with athletic trainers and coaches on exercise protocol;
- Participates in monthly Student-Athlete Performance Summit with Intercollegiate Sports Medicine Staff.
- Promotes the Olympic Sports Performance program during the recruitment of prospective student-athletes and for external constituents, as needed.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a sports performance coach.
- Experience as a basketball sports performance coach is preferred.
- Experience as a Collegiate sports performance coach is preferred
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by the NSCA before employment starting date and maintained throughout appointment.
- Maintenance of CPR, AED and First Aid training required.