The University of the Incarnate Word is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. This is a full-time position within UIW Athletics Department and reports directly to the Assistant Athletic Director of Strength and Conditioning. The position is responsible for directly working with individual athletes and groups to build appropriate strength and muscle sets specific to their role on their sports teams.
- Provide coaching and administrative assistance to the Director of Strength & Conditioning Coach in all phases of the football strength and conditioning program.
- Provide assistance in the daily operation of the weight room and implementation of individualized strength, speed, conditioning, and flexibility programs for student-athletics in all assigned intercollegiate sports programs.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the university, Southland Conference and the NCAA.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and the ability to work nights/weekends.
- Possess a strong work ethic, enthusiasm and the long-term goal of working in the collegiate strength & conditioning profession.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.