To assist the Head Strength & Conditioning/Equipment Manager by providing guidance, and training in the area of strength and conditioning along with the equipment for all student-athletes and sports teams.
- Assist with administering strength training programs unique to assigned sport(s) and to each individual student-athlete, using discretion and independent judgment
- Assist with developing and determining realistic goals, rules, expectations, and motivations for assigned teams and each individual student-athlete, using discretion and independent judgment
- Interact with team trainers and medical staff in designing, developing, and implementing rehabilitation programs for injured student-athletes
- Prepare periodic evaluations and progress reports regarding the progress, conditioning, and training of the student-athletes
- Monitor appearance, maintenance, and organization of equipment in training facilities.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of strength and conditioning equipment.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Alcorn State University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.