To implement and direct safe and effective training programs for team and individual workouts that will promote and demonstrate the mission and goals of Clarkson University and the Athletics department.
- Responsible for design, oversight, and implementation of year-round strength and conditioning programs for Division III varsity teams in collaboration with head coaches and athletic trainers.
- Monitor and direct safe and effective training programs for team and individual workouts.
- Primary resource for all students regarding strength and conditioning questions and concerns.
- Implement appropriate testing methods to assess fitness levels of athletes pre and post season.
- Work with Athletic Training staff to develop and implement injury prevention programs and accommodate injured student athletes to facilitate return to play.
- Teach proper technique for all lifts and movement training including but not limited to weight lifting exercises, plyometric exercises, Olympic lifts, speed development exercises, mobility exercises and flexibility exercises.
- Enhance and develop ability of student athletes to compete in their specific sport on a national level.
- Plan and coordinate strength and conditioning program needs including inventory and daily maintenance of equipment in the Walker weight room and Steve Yianoukos Fitness Center.
- Knowledge of the rules and safety requirements of strength and conditioning training.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Assist in suggestions and implementing solutions.
- Work well as a team member.