The required essential duties of the Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach are to provide a sound strength & conditioning program to our student-athletes that is safe and effective. Teaching athletes, tutoring, and instructing proper skills and skill development as well as working with student athletes on a routine basis. These duties constitute 50% or more of the coaches’ responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching and monitoring proper technique of exercises performed by student-athletes.
- Provides instruction of physical health, team concepts, and safety to student athletes.
- Work with head coaches of assigned sports programs in conducting, arranging, and monitoring workouts.
- Conduct pre-competition warm up and stretch and sideline management for football games.
- Supervise and maintain facility for safety.
- Actively support the endeavors and advancement of the Missouri Southern Athletics Department.
- Operates within the guidelines of Missouri Southern State University, MIAA, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships within the community both on and off-campus.
Education, Experience, and Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Requires a certification with either Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA), Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or USA Weightlifting (USA-W).
- Demonstrated a minimum of 1 year of successful coaching experience with Division I or II preferred.
- Proven ability to lead and manage people.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and success in teaching the skills and fundamentals of the sport.