The Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach should be able to demonstrate expertise in all aspects of coaching student-athletes and a commitment to the highest ideals of leadership, sportsmanship and academics with demonstrated and successful experience working with people from diverse backgrounds. This position will assist the Director of Strength & Conditioning in conducting all activities relating to weight room facilities affiliated with the athletics department at Northwest Missouri State University.
- The assistant strength and conditioning coach will teach proper weight room techniques (strength, power, speed, quickness and agility) and instruct student-athletes for purposes of physical health, teamwork and safety.
- The assistant strength and conditioning coach will have experience working with head coaches and sports medicine staff on issues related to developing, prescribing and implementing sound strength and conditioning programs.
- Maintenance of varsity weight room equipment and day to day operations.
- Supervises graduate assistant strength & conditioning coaches as appropriate.
- Assists with program administration including pre-participation testing and other appropriate record keeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Strength and Conditioning.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current certification by National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (SCSC) or by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) as Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) or the ability to obtain appropriate certification within six months of hire date.