The University of Akron, a Division 1 (FBS) institution and member of the Mid-American Conference is seeking applicants for an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for Football.
- Assist Olympic sport coaches regarding facility scheduling, designing and implementing workouts and athlete attendance.
- Organize and direct workouts including flexibility, lifting technique, running technique, plyometrics, testing and evaluation for a variety of Olympic sports.
- Input athlete testing data. Input updated student-athlete's speed, strength and conditioning workouts.
- Communicate daily with the sports medicine staff regarding athlete injuries and rehabilitation procedures.
- Communicate with potential student-athletes during recruiting visits to the University of Akron campus about the speed, strength and conditioning program and facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science or related field.
- Requires 0-2 years of experience in participation of Division 1 Collegiate level in strength and conditioning.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.