- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Current Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (National Strength and Conditioning Association) or current certification by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches' Association.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Experience with and an excellent working knowledge of exercise techniques appropriate for a variety of intercollegiate student athletes.
- Proficiency in teaching lifting techniques.
- Ability to supervise and motivate student athletes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a diverse population.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Design effective year-round athletic strength training and conditioning programs for all intercollegiate teams based on testing and in collaboration with coaches.
- Implement appropriate strength and conditioning programs, teaching proper techniques and providing supervision and motivation as needed.
- Conduct testing to assess performance and improvement on a regular basis. Document and evaluate results and progress of student athletes. Review results with student athletes and coaches.
- Maintain equipment and make recommendations for repairs and/or replacements as needed.
- Develop programming related to student athlete health and wellness topics.