This individual will report to the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach and assist in developing sport specific strength and conditioning programs for selected sports teams. Additionally, this individual will manage and oversee the Spagnuolo Fitness Center which serves the campus community at large.
- Collaborate with athletic training staff, medical staff, student-athletes, coaches, and administration regarding workout, flexibility, and rehabilitation programs for all athletes.
- Liaison to head coaches on matters related to strength and conditioning.
- In conjunction with head strength and conditioning coach, create and maintain files and up to date records for all current athletes.
- Assist in developing yearly schedule of strength and conditioning center.
- Work with head strength and conditioning coach in monitoring safety of personnel, maintenance of equipment, and adequacy of supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field (Exercise Science, Kinesiology, etc.).
- Master’s preferred.
- Experience working in a college athletics department or academic setting preferred.
- Excellence with interpersonal communications (written and oral) skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment is necessary.
- Ideal candidate will have excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a flexible, team environment with a positive attitude and sense of humor.