The assistant strength and conditioning coach will assist with all strength and conditioning activities in the sport of football at Syracuse University. This position will work with the football team year-round, during all off-season and in-season training programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of strength and conditioning, planning, tactics and strategies.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and a commitment to rules compliance.
- Ability to support gender and diversity commitment of the department.
- Ability to multi-task and meet requirements under pressure.
- Willingness to work extended hours.
- Must possess the ability to meet project deadlines and work under time constraint pressures.
- Good organizational, communication and computer skills.
- Strong commitment and ability to work well with student-athletes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist Head Strength Coach (Football) with all facets of weight room instruction, including all conditioning activities.
- Assist with program design for football lifting progressions and conditioning sessions.
- Manage daily operation of weight room training facility including maintenance of equipment.
- Track body weight and body composition of all football student-athletes.
- Assist with any/all facets of Football practices and competitions as indicated by Head Football Coach.
- Other duties as assigned.