The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for providing instructional, programming, supervision, and corrective exercise assistance to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the purpose of building a successful, competitive intercollegiate sports program that also retains and graduates student-athletes.
- Bachelor Degree (or international equivalent) in exercise related field;
- CSCCa Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) or NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS);
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a strength and conditioning coach in a collegiate or professional setting;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in performance management, including effectively teaching and supervising small and large groups of student-athletes;
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships.
- Higher education coursework in a related field;
- Experience coaching elite-level athletes at the collegiate level is highly desired.
The University of Iowa prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preferences.