Provides direct leadership, instruction, and motivation for participants in the Swim Team program. The assistant coach is responsible for helping practices run smoothly and efficiently by having prepared workouts, arriving early to practice, and communicating with swimmers, parents, and other coaches. They must have a strong knowledge and passion for swimming and helping young athletes succeed.
- Instructs practices in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared workouts accordingly.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Conveys information on programs and schedules as appropriate.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, etc.)
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Season plan, daily workouts, and dryland are planned ahead and age appropriate.
- Communicates with other coaches regarding schedules, practice goals, attendance, etc.
- Certifications: CPR, AED, First Aid, Lifeguard.
- Must have 3 years of coaching swimming program experience.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must pass background check and complete new employee orientation.
- Possesses and demonstrates a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values.
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, and have strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude with excellent communication and time management skills.