An employee in this position will be a personal example of high moral character and superior teaching standards. The Assistant Swim Coach will teach good sportsmanship as the number one priority on the athletic field. This Coach will assist the head coach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows the lead of the Head Coach.
- Promotes the sport within the school by recruiting athletes who are not in other sports programs.
- Promotes the sport outside the school.
- Assists with the implementation of the athletic policies by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Responsible for maintaining good public relations with news media, Booster Club, parents, officials, volunteers, and fans.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances, and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of all the Athletic Policies approved by the Gaston County Schools’ Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Knowledge of existing system, state, and conference regulations; implements them consistently and interprets them for staff.
- Ability and willingness to organize and supervise the swim program.
- Must have superior knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.