Provides professional level swim coach knowledge and skills including proper stroke and racing techniques, season planning, and effective communication with staff and parents. This position will assist the USAS Head Coach in establishing a quality aquatics program to meet the needs of all ages and abilities under the guidelines established by USA Swimming, the American Swimming Coaches Association and the District objectives and best practices.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Current USA Swimming certified swim coach.
- Willingness to obtain ASCA Level 2 within one year of employment.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Emphasize the development of sound technical fundamentals in the four competitive strokes and implement the training process in order for swimmers to develop their full potential.
- Uphold and adhere to safety rules.
- Maintain an accurate and current roster with the Secretary for Facilities and Head Coach.
- Enthusiastically promote the activities of the swim club.
- Communicate with swimmers, parents, and other USAS staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Be adaptable and flexible in acceptance of changes in techniques and procedures.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Participate in mandatory continuing education/in-service as required by State law.
- Perform safety checks of the facility and equipment as directed.