Splash Aquatics runs a swimming program for youth in our community. The Assistant Swim Coach position will work with participants from 5 to 17 years of age, including individuals with special needs, to provide swim workouts and to teach and improve swimming form. This position is under the general supervision of the Aquatics Center Recreation Coordinator.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide feedback to athletes to improve swimming techniques.
- Assist in the development of the Splash aquatics program to foster both personal and athletic growth among the participates.
- Effectively communicate to supervisor and coaching staff. Keep participants and parents informed about their progress.
- Inform Aquatics Coordinator and/or supervisor of any safety issues or concerns.
- Ensures the safety of all program participants by enforcement of pool policies and rules; submit accident/incident reports to Aquatics Coordinator within 24 hours of the incident.
- Performs rescues, administers first aid, performs Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and summons supervisors and emergency personnel as required for injuries or other medical emergencies.
- Graduated from high school or GED equivalent is required.
- Proficient in the English language for verbal and written communication. Bilingual is desirable.
- Possess a courteous, professional manner.