The Assistant Swim Coach reports directly to their Site Director, Head Age Group Coach, and Director of Competitive Swimming. This position is responsible for the role of coach for the specific training groups assigned and will support the Lead Site Coach with the achievement of the Mission, Vision, and goals of the overall YMCA of the Triangle Area Swim Team.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with program strategies, objectives, guidelines, and policies.
- Attends Swim Meets as assigned.
- Maintain attendance records for swimmers and practice log/skill list for each training group, and make recommendations for training group level placement and changes.
- Serve in substitute role as assigned to cover other practice groups when regular coach cannot be present.
- Assist in organizing extracurricular practice group activities.
- Attends bi-annual All-Staff training meetings as scheduled.
- Minimum of 1 year or more of coaching experience, swimming experience, or experience related to the sport of swimming.
- Maintain necessary certifications including but not limited to Basic Life Support (CPR, First Aid and Oxygen), USA Swimming Certification (Athlete Protection, Coach’s Safety, Coaching 101 & 201, Rules and Regulations), and YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse group of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Multi-lingual desired but not required.