- Utilize knowledge and material to provide swimming instruction for various age groups from preschool to adult in accordance with National YMCA guidelines.
- Responsible for the health and safety of all individuals in the pool, i.e. caution regarding unsafe practices and conditions and perform rescue/first aid when necessary. Report accidents and injuries and complete incident reports.
- Report maintenance or safety issues to Aquatics Director.
- Prepare and submit lesson plans and maintain accurate program records for assigned classes.
- Responsible for attending staff meetings/events. Demonstrate and teach the Character Development values of caring, respect, responsibility, and honesty.
- Responsible for arriving prepared for the scheduled class, which includes arriving for duty 15 minutes prior; in proper attire; prepared for constant concentration and visual surveillance of swimmers with no distractions.
- Promote self esteem during class instruction while being an enthusiastic and positive representative of the YMCA.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School (GED) preferred.
- Minimum of 16 years of age with 6 months experience working with children.