Examples of Duties:
- Leads the programming, planning , and development of the Plantation Swim Teams Age Group (14 and Under ) programs under the general supervision of the Swim Team Coach.
Oversees the coaching and management of the US Masters Swim Team, for all abilities.
- Assists in planning swim team schedules - daily, monthly and seasonal.
- Assists in coaching morning and afternoon swim team workouts, including weekend workouts.
- Utilizes developmentally appropriate instruction of form and technique for diverse participant groups to foster athletic advancement among participants.
- Assists in overseeing dry-land workouts for the swim team.
- Assists in running swim camps, clinics and special events, such as swim meets and the swim team banquet.
- Extensive knowledge of competitive swimming, including instruction and coaching.
- Working knowledge of United States (USA) Swimming; USA Masters Swimming and FHSAA High School rules.
- Knowledge of any Timing systems, set up and operation, and ability to train staff in same, with preference for Colorado Timing Systems (CTS).
- Ability to plan swim team schedules; daily, monthly and seasonal, including practices, competitions, travel and training.
- Highly skilled in the promotion of team spirit and good sportsmanship conduct.
- Ability to interact with parents and athletes on all levels, as well as be responsible for the safety and welfare of team members.
- Ability to assist in the facilitation of high school, college and other visiting team practices and events.