- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with program strategies, objectives, guidelines, and policies.
- Attends Swim Meets as assigned.
- Maintain attendance records for swimmers and practice log/skill list for each training group, and make recommendations for training group level placement and changes.
- Serve in substitute role as assigned to cover other practice groups when regular coach cannot be present.
- Assist in organizing extracurricular practice group activities.
- Attends bi-annual All-Staff training meetings as scheduled.
- Minimum of 1 year or more of coaching experience, swimming experience, or experience related to the sport of swimming.
- Maintain necessary certifications including but not limited to Basic Life Support (CPR, First Aid and Oxygen), USA Swimming Certification (Athlete Protection, Coach’s Safety, Coaching 101 & 201, Rules and Regulations), and YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse group of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Multi-lingual desired but not required.