The assistant coach, in collaboration with the Head Swim Coach assists in the direction and administration of the program in a manner that reflects the athletic departments program goals. This individual reports directly to the Head Swim Coach and is responsible for creating an environment that is supportive of individual differences and maximizes the educational and athletic development of the student athletes.
- Planning and implementing the in-season and off-season training schedule for student athletes and staff.
- Formulating and implementing daily practice plans that demonstrate a high amount of time on task, that are progressive, are congruent with team and individual ability, and are consistent with sound conditioning principles.
- Instructing student athletes in the skills and strategies necessary to maximize performance.
- Establishing general expectations for participation.
- Appropriately discipline student athletes when expectations are not met or rules are broken.
- Reinforcing academic success as a priority and work with appropriate school officials to monitor academic progress.
- Conducting the program with the scope and policies established by the institution and the athletics department.
- Helps establish positive and effective communication with the athletic director and all support staff.
- Maintain an exemplary standard of conduct which reflects the highest level of professionalism and good judgment on and off the field.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.