This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Assistant Swim Coach position at the Valley Shore YMCA provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for members of the Marlin Swim Team to engage in the sport.
- Assist Head Coach with daily workouts, attendance and entries and line-ups for all meets.
- Attend all scheduled meets and practices as assigned by the head coach. In the case of the Head Coach’s absence, take over the responsibilities normally handled by the Head Coach. Emphasize stroke mechanics and pool etiquette.
- Be actively involved in “Team Spirit”. Builds authentic relationships with students and parents, helping them to connect with each other and the YMCA, and encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Attend upon request, Marlin Swim Team Parents’ organization meetings and /or fundraisers.
- Redirect all questions and concerns from parents of swimmers and major discipline problems to the Head Coach.
- Follows YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including safety and emergency procedures and completing incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification and Emergency Oxygen, Lifeguard, USA Swimming Coach Certifications.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Must be a certified Lifeguard.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments.
of the community.