This position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of the management and administration of the men’s and women’s swim program with specific emphasis on skill instruction and development at practices and individual training sessions. Serve as positive role model for student-athletes and represent Villanova in a first class manner. All job duties must be performed in compliance with University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical skill instruction to aid in the development of student-athletes at practices.
- Conduct individual training sessions with student-athletes geared at skill development.
- At the direction of the head coach, develop and execute practice plans that will prepare the team physically and mentally for competition.
- Assist in the preparation of team for meets by contributing and aiding in daily preparation of organized and effective practices.
- Prepare scouting reports on opponents in preparation for competition.
- Monitor student-athletes academic progress ensuring student athletes meet eligibility standards and advance towards a degree.
- Monitor and assist in the rehabilitation of injured student-athletes as directed by Team Physicians and Sports Medicine staff. ** Coordinate with Sports Medicine and Strength & Conditioning staff to organize and monitor the physical conditioning of student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of swimming.
- Understanding of the University’s mission and its philosophy regarding student-athletes.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as the abilities to pay close attention to details, interact effectively and appropriately with student athletes, and evaluate prospects.
- Proficiency with personal computer applications.