The primary purpose of this Assistant Swim Coach position is to perform leadership to assigned athletic program, coaching duties as well as assisting in duties and responsibilities assigned by the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach will assist in the leadership and organization of the HRVHS Swim program and coach the JV team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the direction and supervision of organized practices sessions during the regulated Swim season; to include seasonal goals and objectives.
- Work cooperatively with parents, other coaches, staff, and support programs.
- Assists the Head Coach and Athletic Director in setting up pool facility for athletic competitions.
- Assists Head Coach and Athletic Director in purchasing equipment, supplies and uniforms for the particular sport.
- Assists Head Coach and Athletic Director in meet scheduling when needed.
- Assist in the responsibility to conduct pre-season meeting with all athletes and parents, outlining schedules, student athletic contracts, and Student Athletic Handbook.
- Works to improve skills and knowledge of each athlete and the team as a whole.
- Assist in the organization of team members according to competitive levels.
- Enforces appropriate team rules and team discipline.
- Follows guidelines and principles of sportsmanship, equity and access to our sports programs.
- Adheres to requirements of athletic eligibility.
- Previous swim coaching experience preferred, including youth or high school level.
- Knowledge and experience in the sport of swimming.
- Ability to collaborate with youth programs, students, parents, the community, staff, and other HRVHS coaches.
- Ability to coach in collaboration with the other coaching staff.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, focuses on solving conflict, maintaining confidentiality, listening to others, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to other ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to be a positive role model, both on and off the court.