The assistant coach supports the head coach for their assigned sport(s). In that support role, the assistant coach is responsible for helping to operate a program for student-athletes, who have differing abilities and skills, that pursues our complementary goals in Athletics of striving for athletic excellence and developing Christian character.
- BS/BA in appropriate field.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to coach, teach, and train student-athletes in skills and strategies specific to their sport.
- 1 year coaching experience.
Ability to establish appropriate and effective mentoring relationships with student-athletes.
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the stages of student development and the importance of holistic education.
- Analyze performance and instruct athletes in skills, techniques and strategies in preparation for competition and during contests.
- Adhere to and follow all rules and guidelines of Messiah University, Middle Atlantic Conference and the NCAA.
- Maintain consistent and reliable attendance.