Under the direction of the Athletic Director, the Division Head, and the Head Swim Coach, the Assistant Swim Coach provides leadership, direction, and supports the program where needed. They must adhere to Milken Community School rules and regulations. The Assistant Swim Coach must support the student-athlete concept and demonstrate concern for the health, safety, and welfare of each student-athlete. They must support, encourage, and monitor student-athletes’ academic progress. Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Assists the Head Swim coach with instructing athletes in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head Swim coach.
- Assesses player’s skills and monitors players during competition and practice.
- Assists the head Swim coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment space (if used) in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Assists the head Swim coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of swim coaching experience.
- Experience with student programs in a high school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Drive and promote all program features.