The Miami University Recreational Sports Center MAKOS Swim Club, located at The Corwin M. Nixon Aquatic Center in Oxford Ohio, is in search for an Assistant Swim Coach. The candidate should be passionately motivated and excited while working collaboratively with the MAKOS staff in building towards continuous growth and advancement of our swimmers.
- Swim meets as assigned by the head coach. Typically 1-2X per month.
- Open Mind/Willingness to Learn.
- Ability to collaborate and work with the Entire MAKOS Coaching Staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Parents/Swimmers.
- Passion to Coach/Mentor/Guide any and all HEAT athletes regardless of ability level.
- Knowledge of Team Unify, and other applicable computer software used in communication and organization of the team.
- Other responsibilities include meet entries, communication through articles written by the coach, staff meetings.
- CPR and First Aid certified or obtain within 30 days of hiring.
- Current and good standing on all USA Swim coaching requirements or meet all requirements within 6 months of hiring.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices.