To perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of techniques and strategies to teach and coach Swimming.
- Must have knowledge of team dynamics at the high school level.
- Be an appropriate role model for high school-student athletics.
- Must have the ability to work in a cooperative and harmonious manner to be part of a school-wide athletic program..
- Proven experience coaching Swimming and/or playing at a high level and demonstrate the ability to coach all levels of high school athletes.
- Working knowledge of high school swimming operations.
All new hired coaches will need to complete the following:
- NFHS Certification.
- First Aid Card (CPR and AED trained).
- District Fingerprinting/Criminal check.
- Pre-employment Drug Screen.
- Completion of OSAA Concussion Test.
- Completion of OSAA Steroid Test.
- Completion of School District and OSAA paperwork.
The Pendleton School District 16R affirms the right of all individuals to equal opportunity to education and employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, handicap, or any other extraneous consideration not directly and substantively related to effective performance.