This position is part of a team of swim coaches teaching basic swim team etiquette and swim stroke proficiency at the City's Arts and Recreation aquatic facility. The assistant swim coach will be tasked with teaching swim etiquette and following a guided workout plan based on age and skill levels set by the Head Swim Coach.
- Performs a variety of routine aquatic tasks to include: pulling aquatic equipment needed, minor aquatic equipment maintenance, assisting in check in of aquatic programming, parent, and participant questions, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Implementing a season workout plan and schedule.
- Assisting in a "mock swim meet" for each session.
- Check-in of swim team participants, and assisting in making sure everyone is in the correct location for their session.
- Provides aquatics information, rules, regulation and contact information as needed.
- One (1) year of experience as a swim coach or related experience.
- Strong aquatic skills, and ability to spot inconsistencies with swimming skills in others.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) and ability follow detailed instructions.
- Valid Florida Identification.
- Current American Red Cross CPR and First Aid of comparable/higher level (CPR and First Aid Training may be provided if needed).
- Red Cross Swim Coach Certification.
- USA Swim Coach Certification Preferred.