Under the general supervision of the Swim Team Head Coach, the Assistant Swim Team Coach position is responsible for conducting swim practices which stress a recreational approach to competitive swimming. This position also assists and supports swimmers during competitive swim meets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct swim practices in a safe, friendly and competitive environment.
- Assist swimmers with stroke development and stroke mechanics.
- Attend swim meets, supervise and motivate swimmers, direct warm-up exercises, evaluate swimmers' performance and offer positive suggestions for improvement.
- Assist head coach with the line up for all meets.
- Ensure the safety of swim team members. Enforce safety rules and guidelines.
- Model good sportsmanship.
- Adhere to all conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to customer needs).
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- Knowledge in proper training and swimmer development of all four competitive strokes.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Two years competitive swimming background preferred.