Assist the Head Coach with directing the highly successful swimming and diving team. Provide vision and direction as the team continues to pursue its mission: “Winning Championships – Developing Champions.” ONU is a member of the NAIA. The Assistant Coach reports directly to the Swimming and Diving Head Coach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Head Coach with the planning, creation, and implementation of a season training plan and daily workouts.
- Work within budgetary guidelines for all phases of the program.
- Assist with the recruitment and maintenance of a team of 40+ student athletes.
- Some travel will be required for competitions and recruiting.
- Provide supervision at all practices and matches.
- Aids in the setup and execution of all home swimming and diving competitions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possess personal characteristics such as vision and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding and sympathy for education in the Wesleyan tradition and Nazarene school sponsorship.
- Demonstrate an active relationship with Christ as expressed in faith and service, which is in accord with the mission of Olivet Nazarene University.
- Be a model of Christian discipleship as confirmed through active engagement in a local church, involvement in campus worship, and through a vibrant, current testimony.
- The assistant coach should possess a good knowledge of the sport including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities.