- job-related functions.
- Provide assistance to the head coach for the swim team as a YMCA Program. This includes incorporating the values of equal participation, family involvement, working toward individual goals, keeping winning in perspective, teaching fair play and good sportsmanship, and working with the whole person - spirit, mind, and body.
- Leads by example while adhering to YMCA policies, and being a role model both on and off the pool deck.
- Assists in the assessment of each swimmer and provides them with appropriate instruction and competitive event assignments (minimum of one event per athlete for a scheduled meet).
- Provides instruction, coaching and feedback to all swimmers during practices and meets that reflects the belief statements of YMCA competitive swimming.
- Assists in the development of the practice workout regimens to be used for each skill level group.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with swimmers and their parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age; have a high school diploma; experience in swim team and coaching; knowledge of skill and stroke development.
- Certifications: American Red Cross CPR and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer, AED, and O2 certification and any other current industry standard safety certification.
- Current YUSA coaches safety training or Lifeguard certifications; must have completed Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving (elearning from the YMCA LCDC.)
- Must be able to demonstrate swim team coach skills in accordance with YMCA standards.