- Assist the Swim Team Director with assigned duties relating design and implement a training plan, supervise swimmers and practices, preparing meet entries, and all on deck activities.
- Assist Swim Team Director with daily practices and swim meets for other groups on a regular basis.
- Assist the Swim Team Director with assigned administrative duties relating to meet and practice schedules, travel, accommodation, planning and other areas as assigned.
- Keep control of behavior of swimmers at all times, and if necessary, communication behavioral issue to parents/guardians.
- Adhere and be on time to all scheduled practices
- Ensures safety by communicating and enforcing any pool rules, policies and guidelines at participants’ comprehension level.
- Keep accurate records on each swimmer evaluating him/her at the beginning and end of the session.
- Communicate effectively to both children and their parents/ guardians.
- Must be able to meet the physical and emotional demands of the job including being able to get into the water for training and instruction.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Certification requirements include CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and a current Lifeguard certification is recommended but not required.
- Twelve months or more of related experience required.
- Must possess quality knowledge of competitive swimming organizations, strokes, starts, turns, and other related skills. Experience with Team Unify software platform preferred.