The Assistant Swim Team Coach is responsible for providing swim team instruction to program participants. The incumbent provides feedback and direction to individual swimmers during swim practice and swim meets. The incumbent provides high level of customer service and ensures a safe and positive program environment.
- Provide swim team coaching instruction to individual participants of various ages and who possess differing levels of ability under the direction of the Head Swim Coach.
- Maintain constant observation of program participants, watch for swimmers needing assistance, and aid swimmers when necessary to ensure positive learning environment.
- May develop weekly workout plans for practice groups which ensure efficient programing.
- Serve as first level contact responding and documenting incidents which may occur.
- Provide quality customer service to members, volunteers, and participants.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: BLS/CPR + AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, Principles and Practice of Swimming and Diving, American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches.
- Ability to hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere in the zone of responsibility, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to see and observe all sections of an assigned zone of responsibility, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population.