Provides competitive swimming instructions to swim team members in Age group, Senior, or Masters Programs. Organizes and conducts team workouts.
- Performs assigned coaching responsibilities, which may include practices, recruiting, record-keeping, and scheduling.
- Recruits prospective members and provides information about YMCA membership and swim team fee structure.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures.
- Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Assists with overseeing conduct of swim team members at meets and other team functions.
- Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
- Minimum age 18.
- Current First Aid, CPRPRO (BLS), AED and O2 certifications.
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches or equivalency.
- One year or more of swim team experience preferred.
- Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
- Knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
- Knowledge of basic exercise.
- Must be able to remain alert.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.