Plan and execute daily practices in accordance with the seasonal training plan. Aid swimmers in reaching their goals; communicate with parents, administration, and coaches in positive manner. Develop a clear understanding of proper stroke technique and training and racing strategies through collaboration with the swimmers and coaching staff.
- Instructs swimmers in accordance with the SPY Swim Team guidelines.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with athletes and parents, helping them connect with each other and the YMCA, leading to parent involvement and identification of potential volunteers.
- Effectively engage, manage, and motivate younger athletes.
- Maintains records as necessary: attendance, performance evaluation, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all Springfield YMCA policy and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes related reports as required.
- Execute workouts both in and out of the water; organize and maintain training equipment on deck, reports needs to Head Coach.
- Attend swim meets assigned. Submit appropriate reimbursement paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain coach’s certifications through USA Swimming and YMCA Swimming.
- Previous Experience on a competitive swim team is required.
- Certifications: Safety Training for Swim Coaches, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen, Y Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving. Obtain in first 60 days and keep current.
- Complete all onboarding trainings within 1st 30 days.
- Current USA Swimming Membership, YMCA Swimming Membership.
- Ability to maintain certification.
- Must demonstrate coaching abilities in accordance with Springfield YMCA standards.