Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Swim Team Coach, the Swim Team Assistant Coach is responsible for the instruction, leadership, supervision, control, and safety of all swim team participants.
- Ensure safe and risk free environment at all times while meeting the individual needs of the participants.
- Check area for hazardous conditions when you arrive; prevent accidents and avoid dangerous situations; report any problems to the lifeguard on duty.
- Know, adhere to, and enforce all YMCA of Middle Tennessee rules and policies.
- Ensure proper and timely set ups and clean ups before and after sessions, and store all instructional equipment in the proper locations.
- Attend swim meets as designated by the Supervisor and complete all assigned paperwork and forms required.
- Focus on swim team participants at all times-socializing is not allowed; do not leave participants unattended.
- Provide verbal feedback to each assigned participant consistently throughout each session; communicate regularly with each participant and/or the participant's parent(s) about the performance, progress, goals, and needs of the participant.
- Complete all required records and reports, including rosters, attendance records, and accident/incident reports.
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment, initiative, versatility, and independent thinking.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in all four competitive strokes.
- Swim team or swimming instruction experience preferred.