Examples of Duties:
- Maintains successful, organized, and cost-effective competitive programs; attends and hosts a variety of swim meets; plans and implements effective goal setting and plans for team and athletes including writing and administering workouts; attends practices, competitions, and team meetings.
- Maintains professional atmosphere of the Aquatics Center; ensures athletes show respectful behavior; attends meetings, seminars, and workshops; stays abreast of rule changes, maintains active involvement in related professional organizations. Stays up to date on swimming education.
- Responsible for safety of participants; ensures techniques used to help prevent injury to athletes; reports safety hazards to appropriate individual; supervises participants to help prevent unsafe behavior; understands and follows guidelines and bylaws of the national and local swimming organization; responds properly during accidents; assists Aquatics Center personnel in emergencies.
- Ensures that all equipment is set-up and put away properly; ensures equipment is treated appropriately; maintains equipment inventory, i.e., timing equipment, computer, etc.
- Must be able to obtain the following with in two (2) months of hire:
- Red Cross certified in Coaches Safety Training or ARC Lifeguard Training,
- Red Cross certified in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- Registration as a coach with USA Swimming
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) rating
- Must possess a valid Utah State Driver's License and meet the requirements of the city's Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays, and weekends.
Clearfield City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.