The Assistant Swimming Coach serves under the direction and supervision of the Athletic Director and the Head Swimming Coach. This person will help plan, organize, and direct the swimming program as well as manage the conduct of athletes in the locker room, at practices and team functions, on the bus, and at meets. Independent judgment and decision-making are required in many matters not having established rules, regulations, policies, or precedent.
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted for a criminal history records check;
- Possess or be able to obtain a current first aid card (first aid card is required);
- Covid-19 vaccination card or district approved exception per State mandate of 10/18/21;
- Knowledge and ability to help build and maintain a quality swimming program;
- Communicate effectively and maintain professional rapport with students, staff, parents, and patrons;
- Minimum of one year competitive swimming (high school or higher) coaching experience;
- Ability to work with high school age athletes and establish a priority for good sportsmanship;
- Ability to maintain student confidentiality.
- Ability to plan and lead practices to build individual and competitive skills;
- Responsible for equipment issue and care of equipment;
- Ability to provide athletes with proper conditioning and ability to prevent and treat injuries.