The Assistant Swimming Coach serves the Department of Athletics, Fitness and Recreation in the Division of Student Affairs. This position reports to the Head Swimming and Diving Coach and supports the mission of the College in its focus on student development, outcomes and success.
- Maintain a competitive program.
- Recruit academically and athletically strong applicants for admission in the selective, highly competitive application pool at Kenyon College utilizing Front Rush software, including preparing promotional materials.
- Design and develop training program and workouts (depending on candidate’s experience), practice and game-day coaching, including set-up and tear-down of practice equipment.
- Mentor student athletes.
- Work with Athletics Communications to develop promotional and recruiting material.
- Assist with statistics verification for official records and sports information.
- Work in conjunction with athletic trainers to maintain student-athlete welfare.
- Stay up-to-date with sport and coaching best practices in order to provide opportunities for all involved in the program to become students of the game by sharing knowledge of the sport.
- Collaborative mindset.
- Demonstrated support for students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to athletes as students.