The University of Iowa Department of Athletics seeks applications for an Assistant Swimming Coach. This is a full-time (at-will and FLSA exempt) position which includes full University benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and consideration of relevant salary market data.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent).
- A minimum of three years of Swimming & Diving coaching experience at the intercollegiate, club, or high school level.
- Demonstrated administrative and/or management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid driving license and the ability to meet and maintain University of Iowa Driving Policy standards.
- Master’s or professional degree preferred.
- Three or more years of Division I Swimming & Diving and/or coaching experience (or international equivalent) highly desired.
- Excellent knowledge of the techniques and strategies of swimming as demonstrated by successful competitive experience at the elite, NCAA Division I (or international equivalent) level.
- Experience in the development of swimming student-athletes from novice to collegiate varsity/high performance.
- Experience in the development and implementation of recruitment strategies.
- Demonstrates extensive proficiency and ability to develop and manage programmatic messaging for the purposes of public relations, marketing and recruitment. Experience in communication strategies that incorporates all media platforms.