Assist the head coach in all phases of the specified sport program including, but not limited to, recruiting qualified student-athletes, organization and design of practice and competition, on-deck coaching, scheduling, team managements, travel arrangements, budget management, supervision of academic progress, alumni development, fundraising and any other duties as assigned, and compliance with University, Conference, and NCAA rules.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and implementing practice and training procedures for the development and improvement of individuals and team skills. Includes on-deck coaching.
- Successfully identity, select and recruit prospective student-athletes who display the athletic and academic talents and ability to successfully compete in the MAC and BGSU.
- Display knowledge and adhere to all rules and regulations, pertaining to the sport as established by the NCAA, MAC, and the University.
- Complete and report in a timely fashion, all Department, University, and Conference administrative information, as well as academic, recruiting and financial information.
- Assist in the development and implementation of fundraising activities.
- Attend required department meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Degree must be conferred at time of application
- Pass the NCAA recruiting test annually required.
- Have CPR, First-Aid, and safety for coaches, be USA Swimming certified or willingness to obtain and maintain these certifications throughout employment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.