- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses (both face-to-face and online), commensurate with the faculty member’s expertise.
- Academically advise and support the physical education students at University of Missouri – St. Louis (UMSL).
- Guide students in UMSL’s physical education program including supporting their membership in regional and national professional organizations such as MOSHAPE and SHAPE America.
- The successful candidate may need to teach in other areas assigned and qualified in.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to work effectively with colleagues to support the mission of the institution and the academic unit.
- Demonstrate/support the College’s dedication and commitment to culturally-responsive practices and social justice.
- Collaborate with area schools and/or community agencies in an effort to recruit potential students, adjunct faculty and staff.
- Serve on committees at the university and college level, as well as in the community.
- A completed doctoral degree in physical education or related field of study by the start date. ABDs are encouraged to apply provided they will have acquired the doctorate degree by the end of the first semester of employment, but no later than August 2023.
- At least three (3) years' experience teaching in a PK-12 setting.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more curricular areas aligned with this position description.
- Documented evidence of sustained, high-quality professional productivity.
- Documented evidence of teaching excellence and contribution to student development.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into teaching including experience teaching online courses.
- Active membership in a physical education related professional organization at local, regional and national levels.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.