The Assistant Tennis Coach recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches NCAA Division I student-athletes, under the guidelines of Georgetown, the BIG EAST Conference and NCAA; carries out duties within the stated philosophy of Georgetown athletics and its educational mission; follows all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations to insure compliance; and makes decisions to successfully achieve department goals and objectives.
- Organize, prepare and conduct individual and team practices and training.
- Develop effective drills and strategies for player improvement.
- Monitor strength, conditioning, and speed workout programs.
- Create and administer the off-season training program.
- Collect tactical and statistical data of opponent's teams, watch game tapes, make phone calls to other coaches for scouting reports. Review, digest and analyze data and evaluations to determine strengths and weaknesses of opposing teams and players.
- Design game plans and strategies, as well as workout programs, drills, and training routines to improve athletic performance.
- Participate in coaches' preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Evaluate individual student-athlete performance in both practice and competition; provide instruction in areas of deficiency, as required.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .