Work under the direction of the head coach and assist with the administration of a successful Division I men’s and women’s tennis program. Responsibilities include recruiting coaching, budget analysis, travel planning, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the recruitment of student-athletes for both the men’s and women’s tennis teams.
- Assist the head coach with on-court coaching of student-athletes during practices, individual workouts, and games.
- Assist with team travel plans and budget analysis.
- Research and evaluate the game plans of opponents.
- Assist with the monitoring of the academic progress of each tennis student-athlete.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Tennis Center.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable in Business Administration/Management. 2 years of experience coaching tennis in a college/university setting or 2 years as a student-athlete participating in college tennis.
- 3 or more years of experience coaching tennis in a college/university setting. MBA Degree.
- Able to demonstrate techniques in training; outdoors; on court and on field.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation.